Mamas, are you ready for this? This will blow your kid’s mind! It’s guilt-free cake for breakfast. And with sprinkles!
Need I say more?
This week’s Pinterest pick was a no-brainer. This recipe for Cake Batter Pancakes has nearly 10,000 Facebook likes on its original site, How Sweet it Is. I’ve whipped this up three times already, and it seems to get tastier every time.
The recipe is a breeze. Check it out, courtesy of wonder chef, Jessica:
|Cake Batter Pancakes||
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 TB sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- rainbow sprinkles
- Combine flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix.
- Add milk, egg and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. (add more milk to preference)
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat.
- Fold desired amount of sprinkles into batter.
- Pour batter in 1/4 cup measurements onto skillet and cook as you would a traditional pancake.
- Serve with vanilla glaze.
Don’t forget to make the glaze!
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. milk (or more to reach desired consistency)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Simply mix into a glaze and pour onto finished pancakes.
Be sure to follow Between Babies on Pinterest.